How to make the perfect Espresso Martini at home
Ahh the Espresso Martini. A cocktail that has soured in popularity over recent years. Coffee + vodka. Sounds like a recipe for disaster but it hits the spot every time. Capable of giving you that kick start that you sometimes need on a night out, while also tasting absolutely delicious.
The Espresso Martini ranked #5 in the top cocktails searched on Google in the UK, according to a new study. This shows that as well as sinking them on a night out, people want to know how to make them at home. And believe it or not, it can be done to the same standard.
Here are our top tips to making the perfect Espresso Martini at home.
- Of course, real espresso is best, but if you aren’t fortunate enough to own an espresso machine use good quality ground instant coffee. We used LavAzza Prontissimo Espresso, and Nescafe Gold Blend works just as well!
- Let the coffee completely cool! It must cool naturally as adding ice can make it taste very bitter
- SHAKE! To get that signature froth dry shake first without ice - vigorously until your arm starts to hurt. Then add ice and shake again
- Chill your glasses. This goes for most cocktails but is very important here.
- Use high quality ingredients and sweeten to your taste!
If you want an easier option, our home cocktail kits are the perfect way to enjoy espresso martinis at home. We've taken the hard work out the process and sourced the finest ingredients, ready to be shipped to your door.
Click here to view our product or scroll down for the recipe.
- 1x shot espresso (1tsp espresso coffee mixed with 60ml water)
- 50ml vanilla vodka
- 25ml coffee liqueur
- 25ml simple syrup (or to taste)
Add all the ingredients into a shaker and shake without ice for 30 seconds, add ice then shake again for 30 seconds! Top with coffee beans!